Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Analyze different models of professional reasoning and identifying similarities and differences.
- Illustrate the relationship between clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice.
- Apply professional reasoning models to clinical situations and evaluate how this model supports therapists’ decisions in this setting.
- Document clinical practice to reflect the underlying clinical reasoning in the case situation.
- Evaluate different strategies for development of higher-level competence and professional reasoning.
- Design potential models for developing professional reasoning in various practice settings.
- Analyze potential methods for overcoming barriers to professional and ethical reasoning development.
- Diagram potential models for shared decision making and outline their applicability to occupational therapy.
- Analyze the relationship between shared decision making and professional reasoning.
- Propose strategies and solutions to current challenges to ethical practice in occupational therapy.