Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Distinguish the origins of the core foundations of occupation and occupational therapy theory.
- Compare and contrast the constructs of occupational therapy theory.
- Differentiate and understand the application of various theories with a particular population and in a particular context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of using occupational therapy theory to guide practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of the various occupational therapy theories developed then narrow it down to application of one occupation theory in practice.
- Apply occupational therapy theory to cases.
- Identify the role and purpose of occupational therapy theory in clinical research.
- Appraise occupational therapy theory and research based in clinical practice; articulate an understanding of the need/importance for generating evidence based in practice.